We met with Nik, Melinda and Chris to discuss the Grant Contract procedure and to provide them with details of our plans and the recent past in our process. Both Melinda, whose responsibility is in the area of Residential renewables, and Chris, who has been a source of consistent cautioning advice, were particularly interested in our Embedded Network Management decision process and how we had identified the likely selection. Chris cautioned us to be careful about our ENM fee beyond our agreed first year term. If we decide to continue with an ENM we should endeavour to ensure that subsequent years’ fee increases are based on cost-of-living rises.
We discussed some of the issues involved in dealing with Ausgrid and the Officers offered to arrange a meeting with Craig from Ausgrid together with our ENM when we are at the pre-lodgement point of being ready to switch over. Our plans must describe exactly what we will be doing to avoid delays from Ausgrid.
Luci raised the issue of the potential loss of 10% of our Grant due to GST. This was an issue that the Officers had not previously had to consider and they undertook to investigate whether it is possible for the Grant to cover the GST cost on our payments to the network supplier. Once this issue is resolved we will need to sign and seal the new contract with the Sydney Council.
We established that our Strata will need to invoice the Council via our Strata Manager for the $25K grant.